Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Best meal ever.

      At Sara (S-are-a) this is a simple meal for 2. See that rice right there. It's delicious. Normally, rice bores me and I don't like it's texture. But this lovely dish with raisins on top is fantastic. Not to mention if you put those beans on it mmm mmm mmmmmm. Look at little higher on the right. You'll see a bowl with orange squishy things in it. They're tiny apricots and they always make my day. Also good on the rice. To the left you'll see naan, huge pieces of flat bread to dip and mix with whatever you want. It's always fresh and always good.  In the center, where it belongs, is some chicken tikka. Never before have I woken up craving chicken before. Many of my housemates are under the same spell, we've never before have we felt this way! There's some perfect mixture of salt, lemon juice, yogurt, and spice that makes Sara's chicken better than any other in the city. At least to our knowledge. Same with the rice and beans.

       I want to meet the man who cooks this food and shake his hand (except that's culturally inappropriate), I want to write a letter to the President of Iraq and tell him America thanks him for this chicken, and I want to evangelize on behalf of Sara. If you didn't have a reason to visit Sulaimania before, you obviously do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails