Monday, July 12, 2010

With tired eyes, tired minds, tired souls, we slept

 (view from the ferris wheel in Parki Azadi)

I need more time to process Iraq before I leave Iraq.  

I'm coming to realize that one of the hardest things about only being here for 2 months is I have experienced enough to begin to process some of the bigger issues but it's about time to leave. In my house I have 13 fantastic people who are all also processing things and I think it's safe to say that we're all really good resources for each other. But in less than a week we will leave Suly and go to Istanbul for the surgeries. We'll only be in Turkey for a few days before we all fly off to our respective states.

Walking back from Parki Azadi where we watched the World Cup tonight I had a conversation with Preston couldn't really have happened a month ago. We wouldn't have had the same depth of understanding and at were still getting our bearings at that time.

There are things I'm glad to get home to but there are many other things I'm not happy to leave. Well, really those things are all people and I live with them. Why must I always appreciate experiences most when they're about to end!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails